• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Any Baltimore Reports?

4 posts in this topic

I stopped by for an hour on Friday, talked to a few dealers I know, dropped a few coins off to our host for grading and crossover and made a deal on a 1733 Mexico City klippe 8 reales.

Baltimore is the closest big show to where I live, just a little over an hour drive, so I've been to it a few times in the past.  At first I didn't know where to look for world coin vendors but now I know that they tend to cluster in one section of the hall (700-999).  My overall impression was that the bourse activity was good but not so active as to be too crowded.  I typically had to wait a few minutes to talk to anyone at a table due to the ongoing business.  Stack's Bowers has some important US coins and currency items in auctions there so I imagine that brought in a few additional and perhaps, high-end collectors.  Saturday morning is the latest anyone should try to attend as many vendors start shutting down before noon.