• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Turn around times unacceptable for my orders.
2 2

18 posts in this topic

I have been submitting coins to all third party graders for decades. I deal mostly in California fractional gold, etc and have to submit under NGC specialty gold which is more than the normal fee. My last order received mid-Sept is still sitting like a dead duck in the water. Why? Oh, sure I get the typical line when calling in that these take longer to grade due to research, blah, blah, blah.  Seriously, all of these at NGC right now are Hart tokens. The graders that these are forwarded to are supposed to be experienced. After decades of submitting these, there should be no research required firstly after processing these. I am positive the graders are not slow learners or have some sort of mental disabilities.  Secondly, do the research and complete them. Having to do research does not include letting them sit on a shelf for a month. I could certify and grade these 11 coins in less than an hour. I would just bet NGC graders process more than 11 coins an hour. On top of that turnaround times are usually 5 days per NGC website data. I am not expecting exactly a 5 day turnaround time but 30-60 days is pathetic. Someone in NGC is purposely holding these types of coins for some reason. Having to do research, which any experienced grader should not have to, is not a valid excuse.  Why has the NGC grading process not improved or progressed?  I am simply tired of getting the same old answer to an issue that has been around for decades. Thank goodness auto repairmen don't make this same excuse after years of making car repairs. And FYI NGC - No one is replying to your site generated emails.  I have not received a reply to 3-4 emails sent over the past couple of weeks.  And I am lucky to send that many in a year.  Another unacceptable item to your customers, again if anyone should care. Quit making an excuse - the same one at least.

Edited by Christopher Terry
spelling

• Administrator

Thank you for your post. I understand that you have spoken to our customer service manager regarding this and she is currently looking into it. 

Is there a reason that my post has been censored or not approved yet? Did I violate a posting rule?  I have some valid concerns which I would like to obtain feedback in the way of replies from the community. This is part of the major problem.  My issues, which are others, continue to get swept under the rug for decades. NGC should be serving the Numismatic community. We are your customers. What better way to fix a possible concern or internal problem other than to discuss it with all working to fix it.  Throw it out there to see if this is a big issue and get recommendations. That should be NGC's goal.  Getting a single submission moving will not fix the overall problem.  I should know - decades.  It should not take a lifetime to fix something or at least progress.  Additional research does not constitute sitting on a shelf. That's an internal choice by someone internally.  Doing things like they have been done for decades doesn't make sense.  Just think where the world as a whole would be if we all operated that way.  Thanks

14 hours ago, boybacon said:

I am just seeing this post from 2018 now. 

I don't know what this has to do with the OP but to call up a Post from 2018?  Bored?  Nothing to do?  That's all there is:  "have some sort of mental disabilities."  I asked that for 25 years of my life.  We are gathered here to say goodbye, hail and fair well, good riddance to 

aahhawaiin@aol.com who shouldn't let the :fear:hit him in the a** on his way out.

Edited by Alex in PA.
Spelling

I just checked website and looks like 4 weeks to open mail and then 51 day average for US economy ... is that current?

22 hours ago, e1cnr said:

I just checked website and looks like 4 weeks to open mail and then 51 day average for US economy ... is that current?

I have not checked it but given the recent release of the 2021 hot mint items that sounds about right.

It may be of interest to members who have been experiencing inordinately long turnaround times, of late, that a coin I submitted to NGC for cross-grading on 2/14/2021, continues to languish in that vast uncharted region commonly called the Twilight Zone.

I vowed publicly elsewhere on the Forum that if I am honored with a determination, one way or the other, by the Fourth of July I would be more than pleased but will make no formal inquiries as to status until then.

That means I will not avail myself of tracking numbers or discreet inquiries.  I do not know if the coin (well-packaged) and form (properly filled out and accompanied by the appropriate fee) has been received, graded, or is already on its way back.

So, basically, we're talking about 114 days, or almost four (4) months, for something requiring but a moment's glance and either a yes or no as to its  assigned grade.

My only consolation? The interview with John Albanese, looking back 30+ years, in which he disclosed, almost parenthetically, that TPG had become so popular that their back-log had grown to ten (10) months.

[A brief note of thanks to those in Administration whose intervention expedited my return from exile.]

• Administrator

Hello,

Please provide me with a tracking number and a submission number and I will see what I can find out for you.

28 minutes ago, LISA B said:

Hello,

Please provide me with a tracking number and a submission number and I will see what I can find out for you.

Hello Ms. B,

I am afraid I owe you, and by extension the administration and membership at large, an apology.

I apparently mistook one 🐓 for another (they all look alike encapsulated in varying stages of Mint State) and a cryptic notation I had made on my calendar bore no relation to the matter at hand.

Briefly, the 🐓 I sent to NGC for cross-grade was mailed 5/10/2021 -- not even a month ago. The Warnings lodged against me in the interim resulting in banishment to exile in Bogeyland apparently affected my perception of reality.

I am not going to burden you with unwarranted paperwork. It's bad enough monitoring of my threads by monitors working tirelessly in rotating shifts has cost the company so much money that additional employees had to be hired and the standard fee schedules had to be raised across the board on all members. 

This was a routine submission requiring no special attention or expedited delivery. If I receive it back by New Year's Eve, I will be delighted.  Again, my sincerest apologies to all.

17 hours ago, Quintus Arrius said:

Hello Ms. B,

I am afraid I owe you, and by extension the administration and membership at large, an apology.

I apparently mistook one 🐓 for another (they all look alike encapsulated in varying stages of Mint State) and a cryptic notation I had made on my calendar bore no relation to the matter at hand.

Briefly, the 🐓 I sent to NGC for cross-grade was mailed 5/10/2021 -- not even a month ago. The Warnings lodged against me in the interim resulting in banishment to exile in Bogeyland apparently affected my perception of reality.

I am not going to burden you with unwarranted paperwork. It's bad enough monitoring of my threads by monitors working tirelessly in rotating shifts has cost the company so much money that additional employees had to be hired and the standard fee schedules had to be raised across the board on all members. 

This was a routine submission requiring no special attention or expedited delivery. If I receive it back by New Year's Eve, I will be delighted.  Again, my sincerest apologies to all.

This post deserves an award lol.  

On 6/10/2021 at 10:01 AM, Morpheus1967 said:

This post deserves an award lol.  

UPDATE:  I received official confirmation from NGC regarding the above submission -- a routine cross-grade of a World Gold coin 🐓 -- by e-mail within the past hour. 

My apologies to all for weighing in prematurely  on a topic, turnaround times, which will only become applicable to me first thing Monday morning, 06/14/2021.

52 minutes ago, jmlanzaf said:

After a month,  my submission was logged in yesterday.  Today,  my account shows no submissions.  Has anyone else had a submission disappear from the system.?

If your submission was logged in and you were notified, there is nothing left for you to do but wait.

[Quick edit:  what we are both waiting for is "verification." But don't forget, the process is on time and, turnaround times, I believe, are comprised of "working days."  Your coins are safe and secure.] 

Edited by Quintus Arrius
Clarifications