• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Help with Sacagawea?

17 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, BellaNathan said:

Hey everyone just wanted some opinions on the hair of variety on this Kennedy it has Dublin on the date and God we trust in liberty but is from Philadelphia  and has a different finish on it maybe it’s just me but opinions would be helpful ? 

image.jpg

On 10/12/2018 at 5:19 PM, BellaNathan said:

Thanks man for the grading help

54 minutes ago, BellaNathan said:

It sucks but I really can’t see bright vibrant colors well. I have these glasses but don’t work all that well for my condition 

Sorry to hear that.

On 10/13/2018 at 9:51 PM, BellaNathan said:

I have this 2000 D Sacajawea and I’ve seen videos on the burnish look and high details of the feathers but want to doublecheck with you guys?image.thumb.jpg.805f2b01b3881fe8f87865fb782545ac.jpg

image.jpg

This piece has circulation wear and discoloration. Also, the burnished coins have a high-gloss, Prooflike appearance.

5 hours ago, coinman1794 said:

This piece has circulation wear and discoloration. Also, the burnished coins have a high-gloss, Prooflike appearance.

How Knowledgeable are you with different metal content if you don’t mind me asking because I’ve been studying different coin types lately and have some really interesting things I like to get some answers toFor example this Kennedy has two metal content differ. Front seems a stronger purple AG silver rather then the reverse which is your typical shiny silver. And the damage marks in front I could use some help on

image.jpg

image.jpg

A 1969-D Kennedy is 40% silver and is susceptible to toning, much like 90% silver coinage. The bag marks are severe but typical of heavy coins that were stored loose, in canvas bags, for many years.