• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1950 Tibetan 10 Srang (Y-30) - With or Without Dot ?

7 posts in this topic

Based on a little research, I am pretty sure it's the dot after date variety. I saw a known no dot and a known dot, and the difference between them was the dot at the right of the second line of text inside the circle, just as on your coin. The descriptions say that the date is written out (which made this harder, as I don't read Tibetan at all, but if it were numerals I could work them out).

Cool piece.

Yes, I thought so too. But I came across these two coins - Coin1 & Coin2.

Coin1 does not have the dot but Coin2 does. But both have the "WITH DOT" designation. This confused me.

I did not find any definitive documented source and hence this forum post. Can anyone help determine/resolve this ?

I don't know the answer to your question. But I believe you would have had a far better chance of obtaining the answer if you thread title had been much more specific, such as  "1950 Tibetan 10 Srang (Y-30) - with or without dot?". The title "Can anyone confirm" didn't provide any information regarding the subject matter.

14 hours ago, MarkFeld said:

I don't know the answer to your question. But I believe you would have had a far better chance of obtaining the answer if you thread title had been much more specific, such as  "1950 Tibetan 10 Srang (Y-30) - with or without dot?". The title "Can anyone confirm" didn't provide any information regarding the subject matter.

Just did....hope someone knows and responds.

Thank you.....I sent this coin in for grading as a "With Dot" Variety. But after receiving it NGC has described it as "Without Dot" on the status page & it is "Scheduled for Grading". I will take it up with them.