• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Remember my 41-D Toned Roll? How about a 40-D?

14 posts in this topic

Three years ago I posted coins from a 41-D roll which had beautiful rainbow toning. Well, here is the first coin from a 40-D roll with similar toning, perhaps a bit darker, but with lots of green, which I really like. Let me know what you all think! I'll post a few more later.

IMG_0001AA.JPG

IMG_0002AA.JPG

OK, I have finished imaging all the nicest coins from this roll, total of 21 coins. I combined the images into a 30MP Collage and uploaded it to the EasyZoom hosting site. I've been using this site for hosting my High Resolution stitched images, so this seemed a logical extension.

Here is the link to the Collage. Use the zoom button at upper left to zoom-in, and move the collage around with your mouse to view all the coins.

https://easyzoom.com/image/126100

Take a look and let me know what you think of the coins, and of the presentation!

58 minutes ago, thebeav said:

Were these coins stored in roll form ? I can't imagine how they toned so uniformly. 

They're lovely and your photography is great !

I've had quite a few rolls over the years that have toned like this. Most have already been in plastic tubes (like this one and the 41-D), but several have been in OBW paper and came out of the roll like this. I can only think that it must take just the right storage conditions for many years to produce such a deep, uniform toning.

I saw these posted ATS also, and it looks like you have gotten plenty of buy offers.  You shouldn't have any problem selling them, if you choose to do so. They are great looking coins. :golfclap:

Thanks!

No problem with saving the image. FYI the way copyright for images works is you can download/screenshot/save any image you want for your own personal use, you just can't post it or use it for commercial purposes. So feel free to download and enjoy!