• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post an unusual/extraordinary coin/medal.
1 1

59 posts in this topic

I saw this theme on another site, and thought it was very cool. Post anything that you feel is unusual, or just plain gorgeous. All coins, medals, tokens, rounds, etc.. ancient to modern are welcome.

I'll start with this set. I like the clean obverse, and subject matter. One of the few Franklin Mint products, that are actually coins (as far as I know)

Please feel free to join in.

John.

s-l400 (3).jpg

s-l400 (4).jpg

s-l1600 (5).jpg

Edited by Old-school

23 hours ago, Just Bob said:

A cast lead piece? Very cool! Considering how soft it must be, it looks well preserved.

Cool and I thought it was old but maybe not. Several available on Ebay cheap.

Very pretty! I don't think I have seen one of those before.

I bought a flexible mini tripod for my digital camera to help prevent blurriness. I assume an adapter for a phone would also be available.

45 minutes ago, Yarm said:

These papal medals by G Bianchi range from 73 to 82mm in diameter and date from 1854, 1869 and 1874.

He seems to have gotten better and better (or perhaps he just had more elaborate interiors as his subjects)?

2123640249_PapalmedalsbyGBianchi.thumb.jpg.f8cf4d4a5ab80965a0a7697d36fb4813.jpg

When I saw these on my phone, I couldn't wait to get to my laptop to view them full screen. Amazing! 

21 hours ago, Yarm said:

These papal medals by G Bianchi range from 73 to 82mm in diameter and date from 1854, 1869 and 1874.

He seems to have gotten better and better (or perhaps he just had more elaborate interiors as his subjects)?

Wow awesome works(thumbsu

On 10/24/2018 at 5:45 PM, Yarm said:

Those are amazing. The 3D appearance of those are just crazy!

2 hours ago, Just Bob said:

I was looking through some old pictures on Photobucket, and found this one. <This is NOT my set > It belonged to a member years ago that went by Boiler78. I never did learn who he was, but he was a heavy hitter who owned some of the most amazing coins and patterns in existence.I'm not sure if he is even still alive, or whether or not he still owns these. If I remember correctly, this set is aluminum.

image.thumb.png.817f866644dd52c0aa983179803608e2.png

I remember this an amazing set.  I believe Boiler is still around.  Just haven't seen any post lately.  Always had the most amazing coins.(thumbsu