• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

California state quarters

5 posts in this topic

I have been collecting a few years now and I am trying to find information about the Cali. state quarters I have 2 with the same error . They both say In God We Rust  is it worth getting them graded they are uncirculated.

Hello and Welcome!

As far as providing information for you, we'd really need to see some photos of the coins in question.  It's essentially impossible to provide any information on coins without actually seeing the coins in question.  If you can provide us with some good photos, we'll be glad to help you out!

~Tom

Almost certainly what you have are coins struck from grease filled dies. In God We rust state quarters seem to come up quite frequently.  Typically a minor filled die error is worth a dollar or less and slabbing it probably won't change the "value" that much.  You will just be paying $30 to $50 to slab a $1 coin.