• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cool Buffalo nickel

6 posts in this topic

https://auctions.stacksbowers.com/lots/view/3-BN5BJ

i really like this coin but can't bid the big bucks because I have to wonder no ️. It seems to me if that color was that awesome in hand it would have a star. I would still buy it at a small premium but not the kind of money this will sell for. Remember no returns. You think this could be star worthy but no star?

The star is extremely random, and very inconsistently applied. I wouldn't put too much weight on it having or not having a star. In my experience, Stack's photos are fairly accurate.

If you are concerned, perhaps you could talk to someone at the show and have them view it in hand for you, and give you another opinion? 

The coin appears to be quite attractive, and if you like it then buy it. 

On 8/19/2018 at 12:08 PM, agentjim007 said:

https://auctions.stacksbowers.com/lots/view/3-BN5BJ

i really like this coin but can't bid the big bucks because I have to wonder no ️. It seems to me if that color was that awesome in hand it would have a star. I would still buy it at a small premium but not the kind of money this will sell for. Remember no returns. You think this could be star worthy but no star?

The absence of a Star would NEVER prevent me from bidding on a coin like this. As Jason already pointed out, the Star is very inconsistently applied. They could have simply not thought about it that day. Also, the Stacks photos are typically true to life, in my experience.

Looks 66 to me and could Star someday. Keep in mind Star review costs less than regular Earlybird. I'm waiting for a special offer for Star review but gave up holding my breath.