• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Apollo 11 Robbins medallions restruck for 50th anniversary

4 posts in this topic

While I wouldn't mind getting an original Apollo 11 flown Robbins medallion, I'm not willing to spend the ~ $25,000 - $35,000 they would cost to get one.

These restruck medallions hold no interest for me, but they might interest someone else.

http://www.collectspace.com/news/news-081418a-apollo11-robbins-medallions-50th.html

BTW, if you've got the scratch, Armstrong's Apollo 11 flown gold Robbins medallion (1 of 3 gold Apollo 11 Robbins medallions, one each for Armstrong, Aldrin and Collins) will be going up for auction within the year. I wouldn't be surprised if it goes for $250,000.

If I had the dough and were a younger man, I would consider the flown gold medallion. I envision a bright future for space exploration memorabilia. I can remember where I was and who I was with when Apollo 11 touched down. It was and is an astounding and unimaginably heroic feat. 

On 8/14/2018 at 4:24 PM, LINCOLNMAN said:

If I had the dough and were a younger man, I would consider the flown gold medallion. I envision a bright future for space exploration memorabilia. I can remember where I was and who I was with when Apollo 11 touched down. It was and is an astounding and unimaginably heroic feat. 

Unlike many other collectibles markets, on the whole, the space artifact market has been trending upwards, particularly over the last several years.