• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

First Deal I've ever gotten from a pawn shop.

14 posts in this topic

I go to a couple thrift stores and a couple pawn shops in a town I work in. Just looking for something interesting. Today was the first day I seen a coin in this little pawn shop. It was in a little ziplock baggie and laying upside down. I was about to leave and thought I'd ask to see it for the fun of it. Pawn coins are always priced waaaay too high for me. Anyway, the guy pulled the bag out and told me it was $14.99. I said I'll take it. Would you have bought it? hm

IMG_2947.JPG

Obv Rev.jpg

IMG_2948.JPG

Wow Bsshog40......I don't even like Morgan dollars that much, but even I think that's gorgeous!! Nice pick up! Congrats

I only saw the top two photos on first glance and was amazed......then knowing it's slabbed to boot.....how on earth did the pawn shop slip up on that?! Great find, beautiful coin! 

I'd go back there often. 

2 hours ago, JIM F. said:

Good pickup.  Did you buy it on the blind, inside the package, or see the slab first?

I seen the slab and the reverse of the morgan. When they flipped it over to give me the price, the toning jumped out at me. I bought it on the spot. Didn't know the grade until I got it outside to leave. I did see the MS but not the numerical grade. Lol 

On ‎8‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 7:45 PM, bsshog40 said:

I go to a couple thrift stores and a couple pawn shops in a town I work in. Just looking for something interesting. Today was the first day I seen a coin in this little pawn shop. It was in a little ziplock baggie and laying upside down. I was about to leave and thought I'd ask to see it for the fun of it. Pawn coins are always priced waaaay too high for me. Anyway, the guy pulled the bag out and told me it was $14.99. I said I'll take it. Would you have bought it? hm

IMG_2947.JPG

Obv Rev.jpg

IMG_2948.JPG

Way to go Bobby.  Always good to see someone here on the board get a bargain coin.^^

Ps A no line fatty to boot.:banana: