• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Can you help w these mercury dimes?

11 posts in this topic

I wouldn't have them slabbed. My rule of thumb is that I have to think slabbing would either confirm a diagnosis or add $20 in value. I don't see either occurring with these, just from looking at the obverses.

They look to be at least triple struck well that's just my opinion there is due rotation on the previous strikes but the finale strike seems to be spot on. I will try to crop a image of the abnormal strike 

20180801_110558-ccfopt.jpg

20180801_110525-ccfopt.jpg

Some signs of mechanical doubling, in my opinion not enough to harm the grade. Coins with little wear but significant tarnish; the photos make it look like pitting, but I think it's just surface color rather than actual erosion. No signs of any error that would enhance the value. Not sure whether the scrapes are damage or marking; if the former, would impact value negatively.