• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's going on on the Rev. side of my 2013 Shield Cent?

11 posts in this topic

Can anybody tell me what's on at the center of the C in Cent? It is concave as opposed to raised and it appears to be exactly the same size and thickness as the C itself. Thanks for taking the time to look and possibly give your input. Have a great day.

0724180050c-1.jpg

0724180048-1.jpg

0724180049f-1.jpg

0724180049c-1.jpg

0724180049a-1.jpg

0724180050a-1.jpg

See, i don't see anything similar on either E. I see the ding mark on the E in CENT but nothing on the E in ONE. To make sure then that we are looking at the same thing, I'm looking at the center of the C at the indentation that is exactly the same size as the C.

Yes, that's what I was referring to, Condor. The more I see it the mire it seems to continue on the outside and to the left of the C. Idk? Grasping at straws most likely. Y'all know how I it goes with me-always seeing stuff that's not there.

Not just you.  Back when I started I saw all kinds of things.  It is a very common occurrence with new collectors. 

On 7/29/2018 at 4:06 AM, Conder101 said:

Not just you.  Back when I started I saw all kinds of things.  It is a very common occurrence with new collectors. 

Condor, I have one of the 73D Lincolns that has the Die Subsistence error that is profiled on the error-ref.com and mine is identical to the one they have pictured and a dude told me that I was seeing things that I just wanted to see, as all newbies will do.  Compared it to an ink blot even! Of course he used some gigantic word that I had to look up and was probably his word of the day, so I used an equally large word that I had to look up that meant know-it-all.

On 7/30/2018 at 3:22 PM, Just Bob said:

:signfunny:

Hiw come you make fun of me Bob? You wouldn't be making my C word a different C word?

On 7/29/2018 at 4:06 AM, Conder101 said:

Condor, I have one of the 73D Lincolns that has the Die Subsistence error that is profiled on the error-ref.com and mine is identical to the one they have pictured and a dude told me that I was seeing things that I just wanted to see, as all newbies will do.  Compared it to an ink blot even! Of course he used some gigantic word that I had to look up and was probably his word of the day, so I used an equally large word that I had to look up that meant know-it-all.

8 hours ago, KarenHolcomb said:

Hiw come you make fun of me Bob?

I wasn't making fun. I just thought the "probably his word of the day " line was amusing.

12 hours ago, Just Bob said:

I wasn't making fun. I just thought the "probably his word of the day " line was amusing.

Well spoon! I am sorry Bob. If it matters I keyed in that question with a whiney stylus.