• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is anyone going to try to order the 2018 S Mint Reverse Proof Set?

27 posts in this topic

I know these are going to be hard to order with the mints stipulations again. I work in the oilfield and am on the road most of the day so I know I'm going to miss this sale. I was wondering if anyone was going to try to order these as I would love to get 1 set. I would be more than happy to reimburse the price of the set and all shipping charges. Just thought I'd throw this out there. Thanks! 

18 minutes ago, numisport said:

I think there will be plenty. I could be mistaken but I was thinking 250,000

There is suppose to be 200,000 minted. But, with the 10 per household limits, I can see the normal flippers jumping on these. 

I suspect these will - like most of them, such as last year's 225th enhanced set - be more than the market can take up and will sell at/below issue for a long long time.

There is already an ample supply of these on Ebay (pre-sale) under $80 including shipping.  So I suspect there will be no shortage on the secondary market.  I give it a 50/50 it sells out on the first day.

5 hours ago, RWB said:

Why?

As I collect mint proof sets, I'd just like to have one of these for my collection. Maybe I'll just go ahead and take a chance that they will be available when I get home. 

I decided to get a couple.  Order completed at 11:00 AM Pacific Time, after wasting time and finally discovering that using Mozilla browser will not allow checkout to continue (just stops with no path forward).   Chat button is dead in both Mozilla and IE browser.  Well, what can one expect, but at least I was able to accomplish the task.

So if anyone wants any, they are available as of this posting.

Well.....it had three coins with birds on them, so I had to get in on it as well.  I only got one set, and I plan on breaking it up and keeping only the three quarters with birds......anyone want any singles?  I'll have them listed up when I receive my set.

As of Thursday afternoon they were still available.  200 K mintage, and rev proofs and still available after three days.  What happened, I thought everybody (but me) LOVED reverse proofs?  :)

The best thing the mint could to would be to stop the sales and destroy the remaining stock so they won't repeat reissuing at a later date like they did with the 2005 (or was it 2006) silver proof sets.  Clearly, demand does not support the 200,000 mintage.

A little disappointed that they did not use the original wheat reverse on the cent though. Maybe down the road, they will do a Lincoln dollar like they did with the buffalo dollar. And do it in COPPER, not clad!

On ‎7‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 5:05 PM, rrantique said:

IMG_0867 (4).jpg

IMG_0868 (2).jpg

Looking good Irvin! Got my one set also and I like the looks of them. They will just go in my stack of mint proof sets. 

Thanks Bobby,

Second time for the dime and kennedy reverses.  First time on the quarters, nickel, and cent and I believe the Native American Dollar .

I ordered this set the other day, still waiting on it but I'm excited to see it.  I went back to see about ordering another today and it says currently unavailable.  Does this mean that they have reached the 200,000 mintage limit?  Was hoping to get at least one more direct from the Mint.

Thanks!  I dId not think about the possibility of returns.  I signed up for the email notification should they go on sale again, but at least I have on on the way.  If needed I can buy another one off the secondary market.

With most US Mint offerings, those people on the email notification lists get their emails that they are available again after they've already sold out again.