• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New York Bank Hoard of 16,000 Morgan Dollars

6 posts in this topic

I think this is one of the interesting passages from Garrett's description: 

"Our only disappointment was the relatively small number of attractively toned coins. There are probably less than 100 examples with rainbow toning. I would have thought that 50 years of sitting in cloth bags would have produced a much different result in that regard. Nearly all of the coins are frosty white in appearance."

7 hours ago, physics-fan3.14 said:

I think this is one of the interesting passages from Garrett's description: 

"Our only disappointment was the relatively small number of attractively toned coins. There are probably less than 100 examples with rainbow toning. I would have thought that 50 years of sitting in cloth bags would have produced a much different result in that regard. Nearly all of the coins are frosty white in appearance."

Wonder if there will be any 'Top Dog' toners in that bunch. Check out Jhon E. Cash website for examples of color progression if you are a believer.

On 7/16/2018 at 7:17 PM, erwindoc said:

I would have loved to see these before they were opened!

You would have loved to see sixteen sealed canvas bags?  :)