• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Supreme Court Ruling Alarming

7 posts in this topic

The impact is no different than auction firm increases in buyer's fees.  Depending upon the specific requirements, buyers may need to adjust how much they pay to compensate for any sales or use tax.

As with auction buyer's fees, in theory it should come mostly at the expense of the seller.  In practice, it only will in some proportion. 

Yea this ruling is trying to make all online sellers start charging taxes. Some states are complaining they are losing billions of lost sales tax dollars. Just another way for the gov't to get into peoples pockets for more tax dollars. I'm sure large sales companies are familiar with taxing items but not sure how this is gonna affect the little guy that just sells items here and there.  

This is going to be a real pain for sellers. Lots of record keeping and each state will be creating new laws. It's going to be a mess. 

Maybe I need to buy shares of Intuit. Looks like there will be lots of copies of QuickBooks that will need to be upgraded.

Idk about the SC Ruling but about the new tax deal I do, but I was reading that Scots Auction site and it was saying that when buying and selling  'precious metals' that it can be completely  anonymous. Are coins considered precious metals? It does say that-I'll attach a screenshot and maybe y'all can clarify it for me?

Screenshot_2018-07-22-13-09-22.png