• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

One of the worst fake Trade Dollars I've seen

5 posts in this topic

This coin is being offered on Ebay as an error, since it is missing an L in DOLLAR.  I don't even need to ask the forum if it is a phony, this one is obvious, and being offered on Ebay as genuine by a seller with over 100,000 positive feedback score!  He had a couple coins I was interested in, but somewhat questionable as to whether they had been cleaned, but after seeing this one, there is no way I would buy anything from him.

Here is the Ebay link.  https://www.ebay.com/itm/1877-s-Trade-Dollar-Error-Missing-L-Dollar-Reverse-High-Grade-93355-/362355706294?hash=item545e1549b6

fake1.jpg

fake2.jpg

On 7/8/2018 at 1:33 AM, JIM F. said:

This coin is being offered on Ebay as an error, since it is missing an L in DOLLAR.  I don't even need to ask the forum if it is a phony, this one is obvious, and being offered on Ebay as genuine by a seller with over 100,000 positive feedback score!  He had a couple coins I was interested in, but somewhat questionable as to whether they had been cleaned, but after seeing this one, there is no way I would buy anything from him.

Here is the Ebay link.  https://www.ebay.com/itm/1877-s-Trade-Dollar-Error-Missing-L-Dollar-Reverse-High-Grade-93355-/362355706294?hash=item545e1549b6

fake1.jpg

fake2.jpg

Agreed, run from this one for sure.

I sent the seller this message:

Even a cursory glance at a real trade dollar should be enough to convince you that this coin is a fake, and not a very good one.

5 minutes ago, Just Bob said:

I sent the seller this message:

Even a cursory glance at a real trade dollar should be enough to convince you that this coin is a fake, and not a very good one.

This was his response:

You and your 357 feed backs have NO IDEA WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT

I have been selling coins mail order since 1961

We have 106,000 feedbacks on eBay

If you want to buy his coin and send it to a grading service

I WILL PAY YOU $1,000.00 and refund if it comes bank not genuine.

Please don't bother people as a hobby.

We have better things to do than respond to idiotic messages.

Theconsignmenthub