• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

If you wanted to clean your coins

5 posts in this topic

Looking through an old copy of Numismatic Scrapbook I noticed these offers (June 20, 1960). You may need a 'soft toothbrush' ! 

7_7_2018_9_37_08_AM.jpg

7_7_2018_9_38_34_AM.jpg

Ah, the good old days. As a child I used an eraser on many of my coins and dipped the rest. They looked nice in the blue Whitman folders. Never found any rarities to destroy, thank goodness. 

Couple other interesting notes about this Numismatic Scrapbook dated June 1960: I noticed many if not most dealers offer rolls and proof sets. Also saw several offerings to sell 1960 proof sets in the 4 dollar range (it was only half way through 1960 year). That's crazy speculation for a year proof sets sold in huge numbers even by todays standards. I thought this was a cool offer with 'call for pricing' noted.

7_7_2018_10_43_55_AM.jpg

Wish I had bought some of the first year type offered by the Kagins. Alas, delivering papers and mowing lawns didn't pay well enough. Fun thread, thanks for posting.