• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Known Sellers of Counterfeit Coins
2 2

86 posts in this topic

Ebay seller elielizquin https://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_sop=10&_ipg=200&LH_PrefLoc=2&_ssn=elielizquin#itemTitle

AKA enriqubri-0  https://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_nkw=&_sop=10&_ipg=200&LH_PrefLoc=2&_ssn=enriqubri-0#itemTitle

Ebay has known since 4/28/2017 that this is a seller of counterfeits. It has been over 2 years that they let this continue.  Ebay's inaction is CRIMINAL!

Ebay seller 1516mn27_0 https://www.ebay.com/sch/1516mn27_0/m.html?item=223503456833&hash=item3409d81a41%3Ag%3ADYAAAOSwu0NczKwi&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

Ebay has known about this for  3 months  They have over $4500 in sales of FAKE coins in just the past 60 days. Ebay does nothing about this user except take their cut $$$$

Ebay seller foxcoins continues to list counterfeits. They describe them as such but without COPY on thee coin, they are illegal. The buyer of these may not disclose that they are counterfeit.

On 2/11/2019 at 6:48 AM, Edthelorax said:

Should I just keep editing a single post of counterfeit ebay sellers or make a new comment for each? I have a ton of them but won't put a seller that has one fake occasionally or has questionable items. Only  the ones that are attempting to defraud with provable counterfeits. 

Ebay sellers of counterfeits:

I know we all know not to buy a $5 Morgan from China, but I thought you may enjoy this seller's inventory pic.

Seller: ssa-shop

100 1928 Peace dollars $900 OBO What a bargan

AKA:  flloura

1879Morganfake1.thumb.gif.a618082e64505c5be86617c9cbc66164.gifUT8TCWwXllXXXagOFbX4.jpg

Thanks for a good laugh. Also I think the 1906 half dollars on there now might be VERY rare :roflmao:

Please take a look at this sellers items on the site Mercari website

https://www.mercari.com/u/678687521/ It appears that he's selling many fake coins. He recently sold a 1933 $10 gold coin in great shape for 625.00 that lists in the book for 275,000+ and has many other fantastic coins listed. I've contacted the Mercari site but they continue to allow him and other dealers to sell these fake coins 

I'm not sure where this should be reported to but this has to stop

Edited by MarineBob
forgot to put a date in

The 1918/7 nickel is a known chinese fake, and not a good one, the 1877 indian is an obv hub of 1886 (both of them), the 94 S morgan is a poor quality fake probably also chinese, the 1878 20 cent obviously isn't a proof so it is fake.  It looks like all of his coins, with the exception of the 1867 shield nickel, are fakes.

On 5/5/2019 at 5:59 AM, Edthelorax said:

Ebay's inaction is CRIMINAL!

Yes it is, and if the government would enforce the hobby protection act ebay could be held accountable, because they, Ebay, ARE in violation of the ACT as well as the sellers of the counterfeits.

I am old and cannot remember when I bought 1858 1 dollar princess gold piece. I am sure I paid about $20 to $30. My wife saying your old you need to get the coins you have certified. I sent the coin into PCGS; I got the coin back in a body bag marked counterfeit. I took the coin over to my local coin guy and he put it on the analyzer for me. Turns out to be 22krt gold. He told he would give me two 2020 sliver eagles if I would give him the PCGS label with the counterfeit coin. He want it for a demo. My grandchildren will get the eagles sometime in the next twenty or more or less years. By then because of the communist takeover of our government the eagles will be worth God knows. Make sure you have your counterfeit analyzed before you dump them.

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/other-products/412632.html?spm=a2g0o.detail.100008.1.87c0348aSLOcFx

Just came across a crude 1882 CC MS65 morgan that some guy was selling on Etsy for 200 bucks, Wonder where he got it from. A new collector wont know the difference.

"I am a Chinese coin collectors,I have a factory of production coin.

I could provide the best coins and best service for you." :roflmao:

Edited by NevadaS&G

On 12/16/2019 at 5:14 PM, Just Bob said:

Ebay seller Great Southern Coins.

uh oh....I think I bought a coin or 2 from them....

on a side note I purposely bought a fake eagle proof from china....capsuled and magnetized to the fridge,lol

On 7/2/2018 at 2:28 PM, Just Bob said:

Aliexpress

This is a website designed to allow people in China to set up businesses to drop ship Chinese goods all over the world. That includes Chinese-made counterfeit coins. It is the retail arm of Alibaba, a BTB site. There are NO real US coins on this website.

DHGate

This is another Chinese site that is similar to the one above. It also DOES NOT have legitimate coins.

Please feel free to add any and all known counterfeiters.

I too fell victim to AliExpress. The coin looked so good I had it grade by NGC, however it came back as NOT GENIUINE look at the picture ~ even the weight was close. Wont EVER make THAT mistake again.

MrBill347

IMG-3356.JPG

IMG-3355.JPG

Today I was at a convience store. The clerk asked me what I thought about a mirror finished nickel circa 1962. I took it from him said it was counterfeit and gave him a regular nickel for it.

It’s a proof coin. No doubt. 

Edited by rocket23

On 11/23/2020 at 1:50 PM, Mr.Bill347 said:

I too fell victim to AliExpress. The coin looked so good I had it grade by NGC, however it came back as NOT GENIUINE look at the picture ~ even the weight was close. Wont EVER make THAT mistake again.

MrBill347

IMG-3356.JPG

IMG-3355.JPG

I noticed the shape of the "fat" five on this right away. I used my phone to take a picture of your picture to further zoom in on the date (a trick that works well too when a seller has images you cant zoom in on). A quick comparison to a genuine shows a glaring difference in the shape of the five. Sorry you suffered a loss on this one.

I do know a coin dealer in Britain who sells counterfeit coins alongside genuine ones. However, they are listed as forgeries and their intention is to educate, not defraud their customers. The coin dealers you are probably referring to are the counterfeit coin dealers who are offloading fake coins on their customers. I have nothing but contempt for the counterfeiters and those trading in counterfeit coins.

On 7/2/2018 at 2:19 PM, Just Bob said:

At the suggestion of Mr. Lange, I have decided to start a thread listing known websites and individuals who sell counterfeit coins. This is done so that future readers of this forum will have advance warning about this problem. Please add any site or seller that you know to be selling fake coins.

I will start with these three:

Etsy.

While I am sure that there are legitimate coin sellers on this site, it seems that most of the coins I have seen are fakes. '43 copper cents, 44 steel cents, and others are plentiful. To quote from another post:

Please, everyone, when it comes to coins, just stay off of Etsy.......you'll save yourself a lot of trouble!

I sell on Etsy and I don't sell counterfeit. But I have bought and seen counterfeits on Amazon. Point being Counterfeits is a big problem especially from China. Counterfeits are sold in all internet sites from Walmart to Ebay to Facebook. We need stronger laws to protect our hobbies.