• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cull Morgan Silver Dollars

4 posts in this topic

Melt value today (6/29/18) is $12.47 each. That is all these coins are worth, minus whatever discount a buyer would require. The question is: "If you buy and hold these coins, will silver rise in value enough in the future for you to make a return on your investment that is comparable to or better than you could make if you put your money into something else that pays interest?" If I knew the sure answer to that question, I would be a rich man.

Do you think that there is any value to the Morgan coins other than melt value? I could bet on the price of silver rising, but I have been playing that game for a while (and not winning). 

On 6/29/2018 at 2:29 PM, Just Bob said:

Melt value today (6/29/18) is $12.47 each. That is all these coins are worth, minus whatever discount a buyer would require. The question is: "If you buy and hold these coins, will silver rise in value enough in the future for you to make a return on your investment that is comparable to or better than you could make if you put your money into something else that pays interest?" If I knew the sure answer to that question, I would be a rich man.

Morgan Dollars typically trade for for than melt, even when they are in lousy condition.