• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CAC Sticker

14 posts in this topic

NGC 4696582-001 (formerly NGC 2739337-005) US 1964 1C PF 68.

I sent this coin in for NCS as it was recommended when I originally had it graded by NGC as PF 67.  It is now PF 68 and very shiny so something was done.

Should this have the green CAC sticker on it now that I have it back?  Thanks for your help on this.

Alex Stoddart

• Administrator

Thank you for your post. Unfortunately, NGC is not able to salvage the CAC stickers once a coin is removed from the original holder. The coin would need to be submitted to CAC for their 3rd party certification. 

13 hours ago, Matt G said:

Thank you for your post. Unfortunately, NGC is not able to salvage the CAC stickers once a coin is removed from the original holder. The coin would need to be submitted to CAC for their 3rd party certification. 

Matt:  Thank you for your response.  The coin in question never had a CAC sticker.  I submitted the coin to NCS because when it came back

from original grading it had a slip recommending conservation.  So, I submitted to NCS and if you read the original post you will see something happened.

If it was conserved by NCS why was there no CAC sticker?  If it was never conserved how did it jump from PF 67 to PF 68?  Thanks for your help.

Alex

• Administrator

Hi Alex,

NGC is not affiliated with CAC, therefore to receive the CAC sticker you would need to submit to them directly to CAC after receiving the coin back from NGC. 

6 hours ago, Matt G said:

Hi Alex,

NGC is not affiliated with CAC, therefore to receive the CAC sticker you would need to submit to them directly to CAC after receiving the coin back from NGC. 

Scan0001.thumb.jpg.cbcf143f39e46f645574461bc66ff0c2.jpg

Matt:  Okay, how do I find out what happened to this coin?  I spent $81.00 for what?  Is there another way to submit for NCS?  But then it doesn't matter now does it?  I also sent in for NCS an 1875 CC XF $20 NGC Cert # 3170274-013 and it came back XF 45 NGC Cert 4696580-001.  Why the two different Certification numbers?  No explanations, no notations on the returned submission forms how do I know that $20 CC is the same one I sent in?  Also when I use the NGC Verification both come back as 'No Record'.  This is all very confusing. 

CAC is the Certified Acceptance Corporation , an independant coin verification service, and is not affiliated with NGC, NCS, PCGS, or any other coin grading or encapsulating service. It was formed to verify grades on already graded coins that have been sent to them, for their opinion, to put it simply. It has nothing to do with your coin being conserved, since it is a totally different company.

If your coin was returned looking different, and was a higher grade, then evidently, your money went for conservation, grading, shipping, and handling.

Here is the 1875 CC $20 XF 45 I sent in for NCS Conservation under the NGC Certification 3170274-013.  It came back from NGC

1875 CC $20 XF 45 NGC Certification 4696580-001.  On NGC Verification 3170274-013 is 1875 CC $20 NGC Grade: Deleted.  When I try to verify 4696580-001 it states "No Match Found.  Now I have a $3,000.00+ coin I cannot sell because there is no NGC Verification.

What happened to my coin?IMG_0068.thumb.jpg.a9a2e0f1b7f8eebf726e90e7bddc9773.jpg  

6 hours ago, AlexStoddart said:

Here is the 1875 CC $20 XF 45 I sent in for NCS Conservation under the NGC Certification 3170274-013.  It came back from NGC

1875 CC $20 XF 45 NGC Certification 4696580-001.  On NGC Verification 3170274-013 is 1875 CC $20 NGC Grade: Deleted.  When I try to verify 4696580-001 it states "No Match Found.  Now I have a $3,000.00+ coin I cannot sell because there is no NGC Verification.

What happened to my coin?IMG_0068.thumb.jpg.a9a2e0f1b7f8eebf726e90e7bddc9773.jpg  

Alex when coins have conservation done to them they are removed from capsule they were submitted in.  After conservation they go back to grading room for regrading and encapsulation. sometimes with same grade or maybe a upgrade.  This process takes a little time to update in system with different serial number.

Ps nice coin

7 hours ago, rrantique said:

Alex when coins have conservation done to them they are removed from capsule they were submitted in.  After conservation they go back to grading room for regrading and encapsulation. sometimes with same grade or maybe a upgrade.  This process takes a little time to update in system with different serial number.

Ps nice coin

Thanks for clearing that up for me.  I still don't know whether these coins were conserved or not.  If you reread my questions you will see something happened to

the 1964 1C.  Came back all beautiful and shiny and regraded from PF 67 to PF 68.  There was no CAC sticker on this coin nor on the 1875 CC $20.00 and no annotations

on the returned NGC form other than I paid for NCS.  Is there anything I can do to find out?  Thanks again for all your help on this and sorry for being so confused.

Alex

16 minutes ago, AlexStoddart said:

Thanks for clearing that up for me.  I still don't know whether these coins were conserved or not.  If you reread my questions you will see something happened to

the 1964 1C.  Came back all beautiful and shiny and regraded from PF 67 to PF 68.  There was no CAC sticker on this coin nor on the 1875 CC $20.00 and no annotations

on the returned NGC form other than I paid for NCS.  Is there anything I can do to find out?  Thanks again for all your help on this and sorry for being so confused.

Alex

Go back and read the above posts.

Your coin looks different, so it WAS conserved by NCS

NGC is NOT connected with the company known as CAC. NGC does not put stickers on slabs.If you want a CAC sticker, you will have to send the coin to CAC yourself.

I understand that you would be concerned about your coins, but NCS/NGC did exactly what you paid them to do: they conserved, graded, and encapsulated your coins.

• Administrator

When submitting a coin for NCS , you will only be charged the conservation and grading fee if the experts determine that conservation will benefit the coin. If we do not perform the services you are simply charged the return shipping and handling fees.

In your case, you received the coin back with a note that recommended the coin for conservation which means that the experts deem it to be a good candidate for NCS. We do not notate the label or provide details as to the conservation technique used as it is proprietary information. The coin was conserved and regraded which resulted in the grade improving. 

Side Note-NCS sends an email to the customer each time we determine that a coin in our facility may benefit conservation. We provide 24 hours to the customer to approve conservation, if we do not receive a response the coin is labeled as a NCS candidate,  graded (free of pvc or other heavy residue) and shipped back. 

3 minutes ago, Matt G said:

When submitting a coin for NCS , you will only be charged the conservation and grading fee if the experts determine that conservation will benefit the coin. If we do not perform the services you are simply charged the return shipping and handling fees.

In your case, you received the coin back with a note that recommended the coin for conservation which means that the experts deem it to be a good candidate for NCS. We do not notate the label or provide details as to the conservation technique used as it is proprietary information. The coin was conserved and regraded which resulted in the grade improving. 

Side Note-NCS sends an email to the customer each time we determine that a coin in our facility may benefit conservation. We provide 24 hours to the customer to approve conservation, if we do not receive a response the coin is labeled as a NCS candidate,  graded (free of pvc or other heavy residue) and shipped back. 

Matt and Just Bob:  Thanks for clearing up my confusion.  I didn't know CAC was a separate entity but now I do.  Thanks very much for all your help guys.

Alex