• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NGC Limiting Coin Lookups / Verifications?

2 posts in this topic

So, I now see we are limited to only looking up 8 coins and verify them on NGC.

Why was this decision taken?

This may have a serious impact on me as a buyer, since I will no longer be in a position to lookup / verify more than 8 NGC graded coins before I bid or buy on them. 

In addition, as a seller, I get a lot of clients bringing in collections consisting of graded coins. I will no longer be in a position to verify these collections.

This is placing me in a very difficult position, which may require clients with NGC coins to get them re-graded elsewhere before I deal with them.

• Administrator
Thank you for your post. There is no limit to the number of lookups that you can do in the Verify NGC Certification tool. We do, however, throttle (slow) the number of lookups that a particular user can do when our system identifies unusual patterns. For example, if the system notices that a user has a high percentage of incorrect lookups or lookups that were done extremely rapidly, we may slow the number of lookups that user can do for a period of time.

These measures were implemented to help ensure the security of our database and prevent “bots” from crawling our certification data. In the vast majority of cases a user can do unlimited lookups without interruptions if they have valid NGC certification numbers and grades.