• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

<2012P VOLCANO DDO?

12 posts in this topic

My inclination is that it has that shelfy look associated with mechanical doubling.

6 hours ago, JKK said:

My inclination is that it has that shelfy look associated with mechanical doubling.

Agreed.  I see the shelf-like nature of the doubling as well and I feel that machine doubling is the cause.

So, who was it that decided that MDD coins were not collectible? I save all of the ones that I come across. They may not be worth anything as far as the coin market is concerned, but they certainly are not normal. 

40 minutes ago, Just Bob said:

So, who was it that decided that MDD coins were not collectible? I save all of the ones that I come across. They may not be worth anything as far as the coin market is concerned, but they certainly are not normal. 

Wasn't anyone here that decided that. Anything is collectible if someone likes to collect it. The OP asked if this were a true DDO and I thought it was mechanical doubling. If she likes it, I'm not going to try and tell her not to like it.

14 minutes ago, JKK said:

Wasn't anyone here that decided that. Anything is collectible if someone likes to collect it. The OP asked if this were a true DDO and I thought it was mechanical doubling. If she likes it, I'm not going to try and tell her not to like it.

I certainly was not directing that at you or Mohawk or anyone else in particular. I was just wondering aloud about the way things are determined. The market has decided that a die gouge has no value unless it looks like a spear thought the eagle's breast, or that a die clash is insignificant unless it makes Ben look like Bugs. It's just the way things are. 

1 hour ago, Rikki said:

Okay, for the sake of argument. What,by actual definition is an error? How is it made?And Who has the right to determine that definitely? 

What is taste?

We don't really have a measure for taste, save one: the market. Fair or not, sensible or not, the only objective metric we have about errors is what collectors will pay to own a given example. However, each of us is sovereign in his or her own tastes, so if the market doesn't consider something an error and its owner does, great for him/her.

• Administrator
8 hours ago, KarenHolcomb said:

No, no, no, no, no! You cannot like it, It's not allowed. Just kidding. Why did I get a notification for this post?

Hi Karen!

You appear to be following the "Newbie Questions" section. Depending on your specific settings, that means you may get notifications when new content is created.

PIC.png

If you don't want to follow that section, you can click there and update your settings (thumbsu

Scott

12 hours ago, Scott =) said:

Hi Karen!

You appear to be following the "Newbie Questions" section. Depending on your specific settings, that means you may get notifications when new content is created.

PIC.png

If you don't want to follow that section, you can click there and update your settings (thumbsu

Scott

Thanks Scott. I did change some of my settings the other day. I just came over nd had 13 notifs! I gotta figure out what I did. Smh.