• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nice 1975 penny but, is it special ?

7 posts in this topic

I would have been a nice coin to set aside fresh out of the Denver Mint at the time, but think about this...this is 1 (one) coin out of 4.5 billion, that's with a B produced in Denver that year. Hardly worth saving in AU condition.

On ‎6‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 2:35 PM, WoodenJefferson said:

I would have been a nice coin to set aside fresh out of the Denver Mint at the time, but think about this...this is 1 (one) coin out of 4.5 billion, that's with a B produced in Denver that year. Hardly worth saving in AU condition.

I don't know why but I always throw my copper cents in a different jar

3 hours ago, MAULEMALL said:

I don't know why but I always throw my copper cents in a different jar

Do you weigh the '82s?

2 hours ago, MAULEMALL said:

No... I never thought to. Whats the value? 

That was the year that they switched from copper to zinc, so you have both varieties that year. Since you said that you threw the coppers in a different jar, I was curious if you went to the trouble of separating them for that particular year.

On ‎6‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 9:15 AM, Just Bob said:

That was the year that they switched from copper to zinc, so you have both varieties that year. Since you said that you threw the coppers in a different jar, I was curious if you went to the trouble of separating them for that particular year.

Well Now I got some OCD going on and I will have to go through them... 

At least it won't cost anything...