• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Honor of US Coin Collectors

32 posts in this topic

Hello, Boardsters! It has literally been years since I've posted but I wanted to share with you what has become sure and strong in my heart. In my 52 years, I have never found such honor, morality nor integrity anywhere such as I experienced with my years in this forum. I've never found it in the church, the workplace, my neighbors nor my friends. The absolute only place that I've found men and the occasional woman to hold such standards have been here, on the NGC Coin Forums. I've been honored to have been friends with the likes of Mark Hooten, Mark Feld, Michael Luck, Tom Bush, Douglas McIndoe and so many countless others. Nearly all posters, without exception, in my experience, have been the salt of the earth. I've digested this fact and have come through the process of persuasion that this is so. Just think: I once sent Coinman1794 $50,000 in coins and another time, $25,000 in coin consignments only on our word and our trust in one another. Where else can you find such integrity? Only here if my experience matters at all. I give my respect and admiration to you one and all!

p.s. To the Moderator: please allow this post to remain here because it most certainly does not apply to the watercooler personnel. It belongs among those who I am honoring. Thank you.

To stay on topic, here is my former coin with the perfect circulated commem patina.

3.JPG

4.JPG

22 minutes ago, EZ_E said:

Hello, Boardsters! It has literally been years since I've posted but I wanted to share with you what has become sure and strong in my heart. In my 52 years, I have never found such honor, morality nor integrity anywhere such as I experienced with my years in this forum. I've never found it in the church, the workplace, my neighbors nor my friends. The absolute only place that I've found men and the occasional woman to hold such standards have been here, on the NGC Coin Forums. I've been honored to have been friends with the likes of Mark Hooten, Mark Feld, Michael Luck, Tom Bush, Douglas McIndoe and so many countless others. Nearly all posters, without exception, in my experience, have been the salt of the earth. I've digested this fact and have come through the process of persuasion that this is so. Just think: I once sent Coinman1794 $50,000 in coins and another time, $25,000 in coin consignments only on our word and our trust in one another. Where else can you find such integrity? Only here if my experience matters at all. I give my respect and admiration to you one and all!

p.s. To the Moderator: please allow this post to remain here because it most certainly does not apply to the watercooler personnel. It belongs among those who I am honoring. Thank you.

To stay on topic, here is my former coin with the perfect circulated commem patina.

3.JPG

4.JPG

Good to see your still kicking Victor . Nice Bay Bridge.(thumbsu

Irvin.

Hey, Victor. Good to hear from you. 

You are right on the money. I have never has a bad sales or trade experience with any member of this forum. 

Good looking Bay Bridge (thumbsu

1 minute ago, Just Bob said:

Hey, Victor. Good to hear from you. 

You are right on the money. I have never has a bad sales or trade experience with any member of this forum. 

Good looking Bay Bridge (thumbsu

Bob & Irwin, your names should lead the list! Thanks for the welcome. It really does blow my mind at the Microcosm of Goodness found here. I feel like Alexis de Tocqueville whose observation really honed in onto something grand.

EZ_E no worries about this post heading to the 'Water Cooler as the boards have done a complete split since you left and have now returned. They herded up all the comic book aficionados and yes it was as bad as herding cats, but Arch pulled it off and now there are two distinct boards, comics is red and coins are blue. Good to have you back.

Victor,

Your assessment on honor and trust here in this club is spot on!!!

A week ago I sold 7 MS69 SMS 2008 state quarters for $3300. My wife was in the truck when I dropped them into the post office for delivery. She asked me if I got paid for them yet and I replied "no the check is in the mail".

She then laughed at me and told me I was crazy. That afternoon the mail came and I waved the check at her. No --- I'm not crazy --- It is a build of trust over the years that you won't find anywhere else.

Thanks for this post!!

Rick

On 6/7/2018 at 12:24 AM, EZ_E said:

3.JPG

4.JPG

I don't know how I missed this post. Thank you, Vic! Does this mean your coming back to collecting too ;)

Funny, but I have not posted here in years either until tonight. This is one of the only places where I would mail out a coin on the word of someone that the check will be mailed. Of course, this does not apply to someone with a post count of 2. :preach:

Victor, my friend. For the first time in many years, I decided to check out the NGC forums. Then to find your post made my heart soar like a hawk. If I could take the time to explain, it would take volumes to chronicle the time since 2008 when I vanished for another life in medicine and the military. I aged. It was and still is harsh. Though numismatics was rent from me, I've begun my return to coins, to my deepest delight: collecting, studying, and soon I'll be writing again. You simply can't imagine the profundity of your timing, the deep reminders it provides, and the lift it gives to my spirit. All of what you expressed, and others have followed with, is so true. In depth, numismatics is the pursuit of wonderful people. Thank you, from the depth of my soul, thank you Victor. Mark Hooten.

Should we have known each other, I'm available at Animastucus@gmail.com. At times, I'm slow to respond; I beg your indulgence.

My brother, Mark. And now, my fellow medical field colleague, thank you for your spirit. And, you're welcome. Makes you wonder what's in the air that some of us old-time boardsters kind of meandered our way back to the NGC boards at the same time. 

Congratulations for your hard work, Hoot! To go from a PhD and then an M-Diety after already a  full career is just so very cool. Kind of proves my point of the character  found here. I often cary many of you around as an example in my heart in how to live and treat our fellow man. Thanks, guys. You're all as big as Everest!

When we go back in time, I often think of board members who have left us, like Rey Browne who advanced quickly numismatic ally and shared his personal life when he lost his Father and then Rey himself stricken with cancer and was gone in an instant. To all the board members past, present and future, here's to you.

Well, since we're discussing members that have come and gone and maybe come back.... I know that I am fairly new here but I made a friend here that I really enjoyed texting with, almost daily, for a while that went by the name Casman. Do any of you know whom I am referring to and if so what happened to him?

Wow, such a blast from the past, for a minute I thought I was having another stroke!  Good to see you again Victor!

3 hours ago, jtryka said:

Wow, such a blast from the past, for a minute I thought I was having another stroke!  Good to see you again Victor!

Wow, Jeff, I didn't know you had a stroke. I hope you are all right now. 

On Thursday, August 02, 2018 at 11:17 AM, WoodenJefferson said:

When we go back in time, I often think of board members who have left us, like Rey Browne who advanced quickly numismatic ally and shared his personal life when he lost his Father and then Rey himself stricken with cancer and was gone in an instant. To all the board members past, present and future, here's to you.

Rey was one of the good ones.

On 8/3/2018 at 10:49 AM, jtryka said:

Jeff. Brother! Great to see that you're still around. Please, tell me that you still have your Saint collection? That was a work of beauty! 

Yes, it's grown a little bit since then, but it's still around!  And Bob, it was a minor stroke almost 5 years ago, but I'm doing fine now.

Awesome to see you back posting again!

Do you still have your coins?

Hope you stay with us a spell.

Hey, Lee. I hope life's been good to you. And, nah, I sold most of my collection to buy my house when the housing market was low. I still have just a very few coins and medals but I've kept my modern dollar commem collection up to date. I'm like Mark Feld any more. I can enjoy pics and a story of a good coin and be satisfied. I lost interest in possessing coins because it was just getting too expensive for the remaining type coins needed for my registry. So, now I collect knowledge of history. Plus, I've been doing my genealogy in depth lately. Photo-shopping the results with it in mind to professionally bind them together making a few copies for family. So, I still have the collecting gene but just directing it elsewhere. 

Sounds like a super plan. 

I'm working on an early commemorative book, I'm hoping to be done soon. 

Will be two volumes due to page count.

12 hours ago, EZ_E said:

I had a decent circulated commem type set but lost my posterior when I sold them.

Same me for when I sold my Lincoln Cents.