• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is anyone carrying a pocket piece?

21 posts in this topic

Post 'em if you do.

I carried this one for a bit several years ago, and just started back carrying it again. I bought it years ago as a VF-30 details (ANACS), with an obvious cleaning and rim dings. In case anyone cares, it is an O-109 (R2).

100_1674 (2).JPG

100_1675 (2).JPG

Been carrying this Walker around for more than 15 years, started out somewhere between a FV-35 & XF-40 

Note: The wear is slightly accelerated due to keys, key ring agitated like a out of balance washing machine because of pot holes in the road that can't be fixed because the city has run out of money.

walker.jpg

4 hours ago, WoodenJefferson said:

Note: The wear is slightly accelerated due to keys, key ring agitated like a out of balance washing machine because of pot holes in the road that can't be fixed because the city has run out of money.

Doesn't do the front end or the tires much good, either.:S

How did you cut your finger?

1 minute ago, Just Bob said:

Doesn't do the front end or the tires much good, either.:S

How did you cut your finger?

I was snipping off some cardboard tabs with a pair of meat scissors and got a little bit closer than I should have...those suckers are sharp! I had to stop what I was doing, I'm certain the Post Office appreciates me not bleeding all over a box.

I've carried this one for over 10 yrs now. Always goes in my left pocket and nothing else in that pocket with it. LOL 

Morgan Pocketpiece.jpg

This is my pocket piece. I've had it now about 15 years. It's fallen out at work, at the Chiropractors, in every car I own, and my easy chair at least a hundred times. It keeps coming back. I keep it in an AirTite to prevent wear. I use it as a card protector when I play live poker. It's always an interesting conversation piece. 

Lots of fun for a $50 coin. 

IMG_8053.thumb.jpg.07cee811de5668512b4f81a980a43984.jpg

Thanks WoodenJefferson and I think one of my grandfathers was a Freemason. Eureka Chapter probably means something to a local so I will dig deeper.

Peace dollar.  Common date/mm.  Every few years I'll donate the current piece to a (younger) person who shows interest in learning about the coin.  Hopefully one or more has/have gotten interested in numismatics through this.  

I technically have 3, two are on keychains and one is a sac I've been carrying for the past 5 or 6 years.

IMG_1502.JPG

IMG_1503.JPG

IMG_1504.JPG

5 hours ago, jtryka said:

one is a sac I've been carrying for the past 5 or 6 years.

Is there a story behind that?

On 6/15/2018 at 8:15 PM, Just Bob said:

Is there a story behind that?

Nope, just had it in my pocket for a while intending to spend it, and never did.  Once it started to wear, I decided to keep it as a pocket piece.

I do not currently have one.....I've never found either an Elizabeth II Canadian Silver Dollar or Ottoman 20 kurush that were low enough in grade (or in value in the case of the 20 Kurush) to be my pocket piece and I guess that I feel that my pocket piece should be a coin I either collect or did collect at one time.  But who knows?  Maybe the right one will come along!