Best Coin Available Ranking
1 1

4 posts in this topic

37 posts

Why are MS coins not rated as Best Coin Available in some of my sets?  I have attached a screen shot related to the question.

Coin.JPG

2,136 posts
11 minutes ago, DFA said:

Why are MS coins not rated as Best Coin Available in some of my sets?  I have attached a screen shot related to the question.

Coin.JPG

Thank you for the question, DFA.

I am assuming your screenshot is from a "Circulated Coins Only" category registry set. Only coins with a grade below MS60 are eligible. Your MS 62 coin would not qualify for such a set. If this screenshot is not from a circulated coins only set, please tell us the exact NGC Registry set name, so we may look into this. If you prefer, you may email us at registry@ngccoin.com. Thank you.

37 posts

I don't remember which set I was looking at, but the question is still valid for the AU55 not being listed as the best coin available?

2,136 posts
5 minutes ago, DFA said:

I don't remember which set I was looking at, but the question is still valid for the AU55 not being listed as the best coin available?

The display depends upon numerical registry score; they both earn 3 points. You may use either coin in that slot/set. Thank you.