• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bulk Grading

6 posts in this topic

I was unable to find the requirements and fees for bulk grading for US coins. What is the minimum amount of coins that can be graded? What are the fees for bulk grading? What level of subscription with NGC is required for bulk grading ? Thank you.

• Administrator

Thank you for your question. The bulk program is for Elite members who submit 100 or more of the same type of coin. You are able to choose your minimum grade for the invoice and only the coins that meet the criteria will be graded. For example, 100 Morgan Dollars with a minimum grade of 62. Anything below a 62 will be returned raw and you will not be charged a grading fee for those coins. If fewer than 35% of the coins meet the grading criteria, an additional $1 will be charged per coin. The coins graded 62 and higher will be charged a grading fee based off the grade received. The pricing can vary depending on the type of coin and grade. At lease For more specific information please contact our bulk department at toll free 80-642-2646.

I have copied a link below which outlines some of the more popular coins that we grade under our bulk program

https://www.ngccoin.com/news/article/3196/Bulk-submissions/

On 5/31/2018 at 12:47 PM, Matt G said:

The bulk program is for Elite members who submit 100 or more of the same type of coin.  

The "same type" mean the exact same coin or within a range?

Like would a Peace and Morgan be the same type? Would a Half Dollar and Dollar of the same range of years be the same. Is it even more general like pre-1950 silver US coins, etc

• Administrator

Morgan and Peace dollars are an exception as we would consider them as same type. Other examples would be Lincoln Cents, Kennedy Halves, Franklin Halves, etc. Coins of the same design but varying dates are considered the same type.  

On 6/12/2018 at 9:10 AM, Matt G said:

Morgan and Peace dollars are an exception as we would consider them as same type. Other examples would be Lincoln Cents, Kennedy Halves, Franklin Halves, etc. Coins of the same design but varying dates are considered the same type.  

That's interesting because I was inquiring a few days ago regarding bulk pricing and submission and received a different answer. I have approximately 15 years of silver proof quarters (well over 100) I am considering submitting. I am currently an Elite member.

My question was to the NGC Rep:  Also, would the State Quarters and America the Beautiful Quarters count together for a bulk submission since they are still quarters?

See the response I received below:  I asked Lisa again for specific clarification and that was three days ago. No response. Am I missing something here?

Hi Kathy,

Sorry, no that wouldn’t qualify.

Thank you,

Lisa

Lisa Berzins Goolsby
Customer Service | Numismatic Guaranty Corporation 
p. 800-642-2646 or 941-360-3990 x134 | f. 941-360-2553 
NGCcoin.com

NGC logo

• Administrator

Thank you for your reply. I apologize for your delayed response but Lisa was away at the Whitman Baltimore Coin Show last week. I spoke to her and she has responded via email to your requests.