• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1940s NGC MS-68 Mercury

7 posts in this topic

These seem to be pretty scarce.  This is in a old fatty NGC holder.   There is a small PL (with die polish lines) area in the field just left of Mercury's nose.  These are the best pics I am able to get with my camera.  Thanks for looking.

RIMG0195.JPG

RIMG0167.JPG

RIMG0196.JPG

RIMG0185.JPG

Here's a 1939-D NGC MS-68 with a CAC.  From my archives taken with my old cheap camera.

IMG_0808_zpsbe2945cd.jpg

IMG_0809_zps4eb83de7.jpg

IMG_0812_zps2d705ec1.jpg

I'm glad NGC like them.  I don't find them appealing.  If I was in the market I'd pay 63 money for them.  I wouldn't get them I'm sure (People buy numbers) , but that's all I'd be willing to pay.

10 hours ago, Conder101 said:

I'm glad NGC like them.  I don't find them appealing.  If I was in the market I'd pay 63 money for them.  I wouldn't get them I'm sure (People buy numbers) , but that's all I'd be willing to pay.

The pictures aren't that good. So hard to say what grade they look like.

Like the proofs of those years 68's are often not the prettiest. As registry coins they fit the highest graded sets, not the best looking sets.