• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is this 2016 Dime a clipped planchet or wrong planchet error?

6 posts in this topic

Hello, I found this strange 2016 roosevelt dime in some change that I believe is a possible error Roosevelt Dime! The dime has a very deep dish hi rise collar like I have never seen before on a dime, also looks like two clipped planchet clips the edge has no reeds and smooth, the clipped edges show no sign of tool marks and seems to have very little or almost no environmental dammage almost none to anywhere else on collar OBVERSE or reverse! Seems to be on a penny planchet or something of that nature, but it is unlike any roosevelt dime I have seen, and does not look like a dryer coin do to minimal damage to all areas If any, If it is an error what type? A possible value would be great as well! I HAVNT been able to weigh it yet, however any thoughts or opinions would be greatly appreciated thank you,

Capone 

0511181341.jpg

imagejpeg_0.jpg

2016 dime error.jpg

0511181338.jpg

2016 dime.jpg

Looks like damage done after it left the mint. Whatever removed the reeding also raised the rim, and could have also been what caused the rim dent.

You should have seen all of the stuff that I saved over the years. Punched nickels , flattened cents, mangled quarters,  anything that looked different.  Actually, I still do save some stuff, like coins with extensive strike damage,  or coins with one side milled off.

Looks like someone took a hammer to it all the way around. Kind of what they do to silver coins when they are making rings out of them. Not very easy to do with a clad dime. lol