• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NCS Conservation

3 posts in this topic

I never submitted coins for conservation at NCS. I would like to ask if I can submit a coin WITHOUT GRADING AND SLABBING it? I only want to make a conservation service but not grading and slabbing. Is it possible or I´m obliged to let NCS send the coin to NGC for grading and slabbing?

Would like to know too, if NCS said that the coin I submit was "improperly cleaned" do they can return it without make the conservation process?

• Administrator

Thank you for your question. Whether or not a coin is conserve, would be dependent on if it has any type of surface contaminant on it that would prevent NGC fom grading i.e. residue, PVC, etc. When submitting coins to NCS for conservation they would also need to be submitted to NGC for grading. The grading process would be performed after NCS, therefore we would not be able to determine if it was improperly cleaned beforehand. 

Hey Matt, 

I looked for a Private Message section - no luck.  Is everyone still at NCS?  Chris? 

Wink, Skippy