• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I was told this was something on other chats??

8 posts in this topic

K so I may have this 1970 DDO. I wouldn't be asking if I didn't get a agreement elsewhere before . So, I am asking for a second opinion . This is what I have and a KNOWN  variety of it . The L, T, and Y in liberty are pretty exact. The 1970 is also . 

Any nice thoughts?!

CM180501-084615011.jpg

1970SDDO019a RTY of LIBERTY.jpg

CM180501-050552010.jpg

1970SDDO019a LIB of LIBERTY.jpg

CM180501-044226005.jpg

CM180501-043926003.jpg

CM180501-044436007.jpg

There are several for that year.  I can't see it from your pics, they're not clear enough.  I don't see a match from known, to your coin, upper left of Y is the pick up point.  Your coin has heavy wear and hits which complicates things further.  You can pick up a usb digital microscope for under 20 bucks, and they're great for posting pics. Amazon has one for $15.29 free shipping and I've used it before and it works.  Here's a photo from the cheap scope taken of pvc damage

Sat Sep 02 12-55-28.jpg

1 hour ago, casman said:

There are several for that year.  I can't see it from your pics, they're not clear enough.  I don't see a match from known, to your coin, upper left of Y is the pick up point.  Your coin has heavy wear and hits which complicates things further.  You can pick up a usb digital microscope for under 20 bucks, and they're great for posting pics. Amazon has one for $15.29 free shipping and I've used it before and it works.  Here's a photo from the cheap scope taken of pvc damage

Sat Sep 02 12-55-28.jpg

That is a much better pic than my old QX5 (which I can't seem to find). For under $20, I need to pick one of those up.

As far as the coin is concerned, I honestly don't see anything but post-mint damage. It does not appear to me to match the accompanying pictures.

15 minutes ago, shazlehurst said:

Who is the manufacturer, and what model is the scope?

Innolife I think, but they're fairly generic.  Dug out the box.

20180501_180002.jpg

20180501_180009.jpg

I do not see any clear evidence of die doubling on this coin. That said, the minor Doubled Dies of 1970 can be found in gem Mint State for little premium, and a well-circulated piece will have virtually no added value.