• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lincoln Monument Ghost, filled D mint with Skelton face 1979 Lincoln memorial penny

10 posts in this topic

Low grade pocket change with a filled "D".  Check all of the other Lincoln Memorial cents you have laying around.  There are quite a few variations where the portrait has been modified, enhanced, flattened, sharpened, etc, etc.  And all of the reverses have the little Lincoln seated in the memorial.  It's just that some of them are harder to see than others.

So dieonard you're saying that you have seen many of these images I am new to selling coins but collecting no and I swear I have never seen or heard it mentioned in any forum, so if you don't mind I would appreciate if you can SHOW me just one can you do that ohhhhh and modified huh are you saying that I done modification or you just giving your opinion 

I'm not sure what was going on at the mint in '79, but little lumps where a mintmark should be seemed to be the norm, rather than the exception for that year.