• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NGC Price Guide crashes on Chromebooks

7 posts in this topic

The NGC Price Guide is fine on my Windows 10 desktop computer in my office.   But I travel with a Chromebook, and some of the NGC pages with lots of data, like Lincolns 1909-58, really bog down the computer until you can change the grade range from "Poor to 70" to something reasonable like "XF40 to MS66"   Here you can see the CPU crunching up nearly 100% on Lincoln Cent tab. Perhaps  there should be preset grade ranges based on the series -- they can always be changed by the user should he encounter an NGC MS68 large cent

ngc2.png

Are chromebooks upgradable?

Maybe an upgrade on the ram but with the price of ram that would be 2x what it would have cost last year.

I got a refurbished dell laptop with a second gen I5 and I cant believe how much it chooches...

• Administrator
7 hours ago, Frank Provasek said:

The NGC Price Guide is fine on my Windows 10 desktop computer in my office.   But I travel with a Chromebook, and some of the NGC pages with lots of data, like Lincolns 1909-58, really bog down the computer until you can change the grade range from "Poor to 70" to something reasonable like "XF40 to MS66"   Here you can see the CPU crunching up nearly 100% on Lincoln Cent tab. Perhaps  there should be preset grade ranges based on the series -- they can always be changed by the user should he encounter an NGC MS68 large cent

ngc2.png

Thank you for reporting this. I will pass this feedback along to our technical team to see if we can do something about it.

I can see the problem -- most of the prices are way too high for pocket change....1-cent or 2-cents will better describe most of those.... :)

...interesting, I got a pop-up thru Avast asking if I'd like to try the chrome browser when I closed this window? Gonna see if it happens again.