• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Give me your opinion Washington Quarter

15 posts in this topic

The toning is definitely artificial. The coin under it is AU or maybe Unc., but given the toning the luster will be impaired.

Beware of toning with these shards of color. It is almost always artificial.

Since the coin is in an NGC holder, I am going to assume that they did not agree with the AT assessment, and gave it a grade of MS63.

3 hours ago, PioMinko said:

DWLange how are you are you replying to me or to the quater that is posted 

He is replying about the damaged quarter you posted.  Welcome to the forum Piominko:smile:

Yes I notice that, so with that rim damage it's not worth getting graded even if it may be a 1965 minted on a 1964 plate I am just asking I appreciate all the assistance I can get I am a beginner at this so again Thank you for the reply 

5 hours ago, PioMinko said:

Yes I notice that, so with that rim damage it's not worth getting graded even if it may be a 1965 minted on a 1964 plate I am just asking I appreciate all the assistance I can get I am a beginner at this so again Thank you for the reply 

Are you sure its a 64 "plate"(planchet is correct term) post pic of it sideways. I think I see a hint of copper in that light sparkle at 3am. Might want to start your own thread.

Perhaps the photo has been juiced which has given the colors an unnatural vividness. Sometimes people do that to make a toner look more appealing to the uninitiated. That usually turns off the more advanced collectors.

16 hours ago, PioMinko said:

I can understand how you might think that a 50+ year old coin might have a collectors' value. When I was a kid in the 1960s, a 50 year old coin was an Indian Cent (minted 1859 to 1909), a Liberty Nickel (1883 - 1912) or some other "exotic" obsolete coin. Today the clad coins are really durable, and I don't think that coins circulate as rapidly as they used to do. Therefore you will see a piece like this in circulation. They don't have an collector value beyond their face value unless they are in Choice Mint State condition.