• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Unsure about conserving

5 posts in this topic

I have two NGC graded coins and I am not sure if they should be conserved.  They are:

1875 CC $20.00 Double Eagle NGC grade XF40

1964 P Mint 1 Cent NGC PF67RD NGC 2739337-05.  This came back to me in a wrapper recommending conservation.

However, the NGC Price Guide states a value of only $40.00.  Would it be worth the expense?

Thanks for any information you can provide me with.

Alex Stoddart

• Administrator

Thank you for your question. The coin was flagged for conservation by our experts as they believe that the coin may upgrade after NCS is performed. When a coin is flagged, we send out an automatic email to ask if you would like conservation to be done. We give you 24 hours to respond to the email before rejecting NCS and finishing the process. The coin can be sent back in under the NCS Modern and Grading tier which is a $28 combined flat fee for both grading and conservation plus your return shipping and handling fees. 

https://www.ngccoin.com/submit/services-fees/ncs/

• Administrator

Thank you for your question. To determine if a coin will benefit from conservation we would need the coin to be submitted to us. The 1875 CC would qualify for the NGC Gold + Grading tier ($50 per coin) if the value of the coin is $3,000 or less. If the coin is valued over $3,000 it would be placed on the Standard conservation tier as well as the proper grading tier. 

Matt G:  I am going to submit both coins for conservation.  I am relatively new to NGC submissions so I really appreciate your help on this and all the help I have gotten from NGC Customer Service.  Thanks again for your help on this.

Alex Stodart