• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My absolute best garage sale find!

7 posts in this topic

I love getting a bargain but this may be my best garage sale purchase ever.  A neighbor recently had a garage sale.  I stumbled across a box of junk tokens and medallions.  In the box was what I thought was fake coin but bought the lot for $10.  It turns out the coin is a 1471-74 Venice Trono (Nicolo Trono).  All measures appeared to be right so I had it authenticated and graded.  Turns out to be VF30 which looks like to best coin of this type I've seen!  Now my conscience is bothering me!  Ugh!  Not enough to tell him though. lol

TIMG_7453.thumb.JPG.844e7ae1ff6d9226beaab242bd1cda91.JPGIMG_7455.thumb.JPG.1b03a60a501f0a974ca42aafafb134b6.JPGIMG_7456.thumb.JPG.cab8ad05d3339723481e1542efe9ab4c.JPG

IMG_7457.JPG

Is he a good neighbor? Why not slip him an extra  fifty or hundred? You will still have gotten a great deal, plus you will have done something honorable, and maybe even made your neighbor happy. You could do it anonymously, if you wanted to avoid having to explain. That might even ease your conscience. 

That is some nice 15th century gunk on that coin. Really adds character. Might have some Michelangelo molecules on it.

I'm pretty sure Michelangelo had it in his pocket while painting the Sistine Chapel.  It was given to him as a lunch per diem that he saved by bringing in his own PB&J sandwiches.  lol