• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best no longer minted coin of the April

-Best no longer minted coin of the April-  

16 members have voted

1. 1. what is your favorite coin type?

• half cent
    • large cent
    • 2 cent piece
    • 3 cent piece
    • shield nickel
    • V nickel
    • buff' nickel
    • war nickel
    • barb dime
    • mercury dime
    • 20 cent piece
    • Barb 25C
    • standing liberty 25C
    • washington 25C
    • barb 50C
    • walking liberty 50C or franklin 50C
    • silver Kenedy 50C
    • Morgan $1
    • Peace $1
    • Eisenhower $1 or Susan $1

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/30/2018 at 04:59 PM

33 posts in this topic

52 minutes ago, Thomas Kurr said:

no it's not minted any more...

Maybe for a silver bullion but not the 1921-35 ones.........

thanks for voting!

See dcarr website for currently minted Peace Dollars

53 minutes ago, AcesKings said:

My favorite isn't listed, (Bust Halves) soooo.......????

None of my favorite designs are either.  Most of these US designs are supposedly the "most popular" as in widely collected because the coins which most US collectors actually prefer are too expensive or aren't available in sufficient numbers.

My favorites are Draped Bust and the Capped Head half eagle, the latter not because of the design appeal but because practically all of the dates are actually (somewhat) rare.

I'm sorry, but in a poll you can only put 20 options!

I hope the (NGC) change that....

If your favorite coin is not listed then vote for your 2nd favorite.... Or favorite design, reverse, ect.

Why do you put the WLH with the Franklin?  The WLH is a beautiful design and the Franklin is one of the ugliest.  Ok ugly is a strong word, but the Walker is one of the top design in US history in my opinion.  Certainly in the half, the only coin worst than the Franklin is the Ike, and that is because the Franklin will tone nicely.   :devil:

22 minutes ago, kmag said:

Why do you put the WLH with the Franklin?  The WLH is a beautiful design and the Franklin is one of the ugliest.  Ok ugly is a strong word, but the Walker is one of the top design in US history in my opinion.  Certainly in the half, the only coin worst than the Franklin is the Ike, and that is because the Franklin will tone nicely.   :devil:

Um, psst... :gossip: The Ike is a dollar coin. :whistle:

On ‎4‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 10:45 AM, Thomas Kurr said:

I mean the real 1921-1935 Peace Dollar ones. The ones after that (if there are any) are not in the red or blue book.......

Moonlight Mint has current production 1918 Broken Sword high relief overstruck Peace Dollars if you like this kind of work. I think these are very attractive examples of what the original sculptor intended these to look like. To each his own taste B|

While many of D. Carr's Moonlight Mint works are attractive, they are, BY DEFINITION, not coins.  A coin is something that is OFFICIALLY sanctioned money.  

With regards to the poll, my all time favorite design is not on it, and would be the DBHE design.  Of that design, I'd say the larger the coin, the more I like it.   

One suggestion that I might make for the poll is that you don't have one of the most collected designs of all, the Lincoln cent.  Given that you have a limit of 20 choices, and given that you've got the Barber design in three different sizes, I suggest you use the Barber design as one single design Type, add the Lincoln cent as another choice, and then you could add one other design.  I'd suggest using either the Indian Head Cent or the Liberty Seated design as your extra design (or of course you could split apart the Walking Liberty and Franklin halves).

5 minutes ago, SkyMan said:

While many of D. Carr's Moonlight Mint works are attractive, they are, BY DEFINITION, not coins.  A coin is something that is OFFICIALLY sanctioned money.  

With regards to the poll, my all time favorite design is not on it, and would be the DBHE design.  Of that design, I'd say the larger the coin, the more I like it.   

One suggestion that I might make for the poll is that you don't have one of the most collected designs of all, the Lincoln cent.  Given that you have a limit of 20 choices, and given that you've got the Barber design in three different sizes, I suggest you use the Barber design as one single design Type, add the Lincoln cent as another choice, and then you could add one other design.  I'd suggest using either the Indian Head Cent or the Liberty Seated design as your extra design (or of course you could split apart the Walking Liberty and Franklin halves).

Miss April 1924

1924 NGC Fatty.jpg

IMG_0621_zpsysmgrode.jpg

On 4/5/2018 at 6:20 PM, SkyMan said:

]

A lot of his stuff fits that definition, with post mint damage. D Carr is in the business of selling beautiful PMD

12 hours ago, mumu said:

A lot of his stuff fits that definition, with post mint damage. D Carr is in the business of selling beautiful PMD

I would call his latest high grade 1918 'Broken Sword' overstrikes actually a correction to poorly executed mint procedures of 1921 rather than damage.

1 hour ago, Thomas Kurr said:

com'n does anyone like the 3 cent piece?!

Dude, there's like 4 people here. 3 cent piece doesnt stand a chance.

Both of those '44 cents are fake. The websites even plainly say they are fake. And, for the benefit of anyone who might be viewing this thread at some future point: Aliexpress is a site designed to enable Chinese retailers to dropship goods all over the world. You will not find authentic US coins on that site. You will, however, find plenty of counterfeit coins.

I wouldn't even trust the Chinese coins that are listed on that site.