• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Quick Grading Help!

2 posts in this topic

I posted a couple pictures earlier of another 2 coins that I have (I accidentally posted pics of front views of 2 different coins.) Thanks to Just Bob for the reply. I am posting 2 additional quarters here in the hopes that someone can tell me if they're any better. I'd probably need an MS66 or better to make it worth sending in. I'm still trying to wrap my head around the grading scale, as I've seen some auction photos of coins that graded MS67 that looked far worse than what I've got. Thanks everyone for any help you're willing to give to a new guy. 

IMG_6992.jpg

IMG_6993.jpg

IMG_6996.jpg

IMG_6997.jpg

The photos are a bit over exposed which makes it hard to grade the piece. The socond obverse photos shows a number of marks in the field, which would lead me guess the grade at MS-63, maybe MS-62. As such it would not be worth the grading fees to have this item placed in a certification holder.