• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1943 No Mint Mark Copper wheat penny?

11 posts in this topic

From his web page:

"100% Copper collectors later made restrike repro piece."

That means that these are fake. And possibly illegal. Definitely intended to deceive, regardless of what the seller might say.

On 3/26/2018 at 9:52 PM, rramirez3652018 said:

IMG_20180326_093522.jpg

IMG_20180326_093515.jpg

Please see my post as i have exect same coin just answer here ...was it a counterfiet or did they grade the coin. As its also non magnatic and weighs 3.11 grams

20180617_043144.jpg

20180617_042628.jpg

20180617_041543.jpg

20180617_041303.jpg

On ‎3‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 2:08 PM, Richie_M said:

Freakin' Etsy again!  That place is turning into the numismatic sewer of the internet!!  It's a fake, a somewhat deceptive fake because of the weight, but a fake nonetheless and likely illegal as Bob said.  There are some very deceptive fakes of all sorts of coins coming out of China and elsewhere these days, and many of them end up on Etsy.  The fact that there are exact duplicates of an extremely rare coin that are found so easily is a huge red flag.  Please, everyone, when it comes to coins, just stay off of Etsy.......you'll save yourself a lot of trouble!

18 minutes ago, Mohawk said:

Please, everyone, when it comes to coins, just stay off of Etsy.......you'll save yourself a lot of trouble!

Just want to isolate and repeat this for future readers of this thread.

3 minutes ago, Just Bob said:

Just want to isolate and repeat this for future readers of this thread.

Thanks Bob!  I wish there was a way to post a huge cyber-billboard of this!

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Perhaps someone should re-post it to the Counterfeit Forum. 2c