• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1982 small date copper penny.

6 posts in this topic

Yes, do you have questions?

Here's a brief run down, they weigh 3.1 g with a tolerance range weight of +/-.13 g. They were made in both Philadelphia and Denver. They exist in both large and small dates from both mints. The Philadelphia large and small dates are common, the Denver large date is common. The rarity is the Denver small date with so far one piece known. The easiest way to tell the small date and large date apart is to look at the shape of the 2 and its distance from the rim.

No, its standard for Lincoln cents and bronze Indian head cents. Other series have different tolerance ranges. If you'd like a listing of the different specifications and tolerances send me a private message with your email address and I'll send you a PDF file.

On Saturday, March 24, 2018 at 7:00 AM, Conder101 said:

No, its standard for Lincoln cents and bronze Indian head cents. Other series have different tolerance ranges. If you'd like a listing of the different specifications and tolerances send me a private message with your email address and I'll send you a PDF file.

And, true to his word, he sent a very informative file of stats and tolerances. Thanks, Conder101. 

OK, I  have answers. Anyone have questions? :preach: