• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Karen H

8 posts in this topic

Ok. So a Missing Clad Error with a dime, it would encompass either ALL of the OBV or REV or both, to look like a penny and with no areas left looking like the dime, right? So, my question is...what's up with this dime? I also included the front only of a dime I found today that is totally whack. Sometimes I don't see well so can't tell if there is another weaker strike over or if it's like stained or something. Thanks y'all!

0320181742-1.jpg

0320181743-1.jpg

0320181746-1.jpg

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

It's just environmental damage, perhaps a coin found in the ground with a metal detector.

On 3/22/2018 at 8:42 AM, Just Bob said:

That second dime looks like it has been coated with Elmer's glue.

Ha! Not glue for sure. I soaked it in warming peroxide and the vinegar. Even tried warm Olive Oil-although whoever thought that up is....well nevermind. But I was so sure it would be a LAM error. Idt I'll ever find anything good. lol

6 hours ago, KarenHolcomb said:

Ha! Not glue for sure. I soaked it in warming peroxide and the vinegar. Even tried warm Olive Oil-although whoever thought that up is....well nevermind. But I was so sure it would be a LAM error. Idt I'll ever find anything good. lol

Don't give up hope Karen.  You may find something good, when you least expect it.  I've had some crazy finds over the years.  When I was 20, I worked at a Wienerschnitzel (Hot Dog fast food place for those of you who have never been out West) and someone came in and paid for hotdogs with a bunch of large dollars, one of which was a 1921 Peace Dollar, which I still have.  About 6 years later, I was an assistant manager at a Discovery Channel Store and the last holiday season I worked there, I found a Series 1928 $20 gold certificate in one of the cash drops for the day (trust me, I bought that out quick!).  My last really crazy one was at another retail gig I was working during my undergrad years, I found a 1914-D Lincoln Cent in my register.  You never know where that next find is lurking!

3 hours ago, Mohawk said:

Don't give up hope Karen.  You may find something good, when you least expect it.  I've had some crazy finds over the years.  When I was 20, I worked at a Wienerschnitzel (Hot Dog fast food place for those of you who have never been out West) and someone came in and paid for hotdogs with a bunch of large dollars, one of which was a 1921 Peace Dollar, which I still have.  About 6 years later, I was an assistant manager at a Discovery Channel Store and the last holiday season I worked there, I found a Series 1928 $20 gold certificate in one of the cash drops for the day (trust me, I bought that out quick!).  My last really crazy one was at another retail gig I was working during my undergrad years, I found a 1914-D Lincoln Cent in my register.  You never know where that next find is lurking!

Ihy. I hope I do come across something. I had collected as a kid and had some cool stuff. I guess boredom got me doing it again. It's wearing ny eyes out for sure but if I hit a big one I can just buy new eyes. lol

On 3/25/2018 at 12:26 AM, KarenHolcomb said:

Ihy. I hope I do come across something. I had collected as a kid and had some cool stuff. I guess boredom got me doing it again. It's wearing ny eyes out for sure but if I hit a big one I can just buy new eyes. lol

Heh. "Don't bother checking your change or learning about your coins" said no collector, ever, so you're doing just fine.