• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Will this franklin grade dcam like this nickel?

5 posts in this topic

in your best opinion, do you think this 1959 Franklin Half will get a cam or dcam grade like this nickel I have? I am looking at my coins that's graded with dcam from the 1974 and earlier and they look like this Franklin. But I am now confused because none of my graded coins with dcam have any frost like features. Thanks

IMG_1012 (2).JPG

IMG_1013 (2).JPG

IMG_1014 (2).JPG

IMG_1015 (2).JPG

If I had to grade them strictly from the pictures, I would not give either of them a dcam designation. In hand, they may look completely different.

The picture of the Franklin is over exposed which makes it impossible to say. Only one side of the nickel shows any cameo, but I'll give it the bennefit of the doubt and say the obverse looks more like a cameo.

Our hosts gave this Franklin half a cameo.

1961 Cam Proof Half Dollar.jpg

1 hour ago, BillJones said:

Our hosts gave this Franklin half a cameo.

So that makes it a PR 68 HCAM ?

(:

By the way, I don't mean to hijack this thread, but if there is anyone on the forum who has NOT taken the time to view Bill Jones' type sets, make it a point to do so. It is a very enjoyable way to spend a couple of hours. The obvious care that he took in choosing each coin clearly shows, and the information included with each one is very educational.

I bought that looking more for the two-sided cameo that the numerical grade. I think that the cameo Proof look really enhances the designer's work.