• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

do you know the year of this coin?

8 posts in this topic

I have tried enlarging and reducing the picture of the obverse, but it is just too blurry to give a definite answer. In hand, does the loop of the missing numeral appear to be the same size as the loop of the first nine? On the '68 and '69 Roosevelts, the loop of a nine is an upright oval, while the top loop of an eight is a smaller, horizontal oval. The only other option would be a zero, but it doesn't appear to be that large of an oval.

Hope that helps a little.

(shrug)

If I had to guess I'd guess at an 8, but the image's blurriness is an issue as Bob said. My reason for guessing an 8 would be based essentially on the same minutiae he observed.

The third digit is obviously a 6, and there is a mintmark above the date. So it has to be 68 or later, and it can't be 70 or later, so it has to be either a 68 or 69. The curvature of the top of the fourth digit does not match the first 9 in the date, so I'd say it's a 68.