• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

No VAM?

2 posts in this topic

One of the main reason I joined NGC was to get a Beautiful, high grade example of a 1884CC VAM-3A certified.  If I understand the website correctly,  this incredible VAM is not recognized by NGC and will not be listed on the label?  Is this true?  I know I can have NGC check for mint errors but there are so many with this VAM (Doubled date, die cracks, die breaks, clashes) I'm not sure how they would be labeled.

• Administrator

Thank you for your question. Unfortunately, NGC does not recognize the 1884CC Vam-3A variety. I have copied the link to our variety plus page which show all NGC recognized varieties for U.S. and World coins. If you are submitting the coin for grading and mint error designation, our experts would chose the most distinguishable error on the coin if applicable. 

https://www.ngccoin.com/variety-plus/