• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hi

8 posts in this topic

Thomas, may I speak my mind?

There are enough resources which are easily available, that you should be able to find pictures of a 1917 DDO Lincoln. While the date on your coin is worn, I believe that there is enough left of the motto to be able to tell if it matches the doubling in the pictures.

Regarding your attempt to sell this coin on Ebay: Far be it from me to stand in the way of someone trying to make a living, provided it is an HONEST living. But when I see someone trying to pass off a coin as something that it very well may not be, I compare that to the used car salesman who rolls back the miles on an odometer or puts sawdust in the transmission to quiet the noise. I know - caveat emptor, and all that, but wrong is wrong, plain and simple. If you succeed in selling that coin as a DDO to someone, and it really is not one, you are giving this hobby a bad name, and you should be ashamed.

OK, now everyone who thinks that I am being too harsh can flame away.

Here - I will even provide a picture for you, so you don't even have to try to find one yourself:

1917_ddo_1_trust-454x345.jpg

By the way I bought a date less nickel lot .....40 coins.....

Not all are date less some you can see it fully...Some you can only see 20=1920

But guess what else I found!

A 1923 d buffalo nickel!

Do you think its' real.....

You can't see the 19 but you can see !23!

don't look fake to me...