• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is your favorite pre-1933 Gold?

7 posts in this topic

Rudman's NGC Signature Set of the Mexico "royal" escudo denomnations.  One, two, four and eight escudos with dates in the early 1700's in I believe MS-64 to MS-66.  I'd consider equal to any set that is or could be put together and yes, this includes the US King of Siam Set.

As for coins that are within my range of affordability, probably the corresponding coins to the above set but from the Spanish mints.  Similar design (depends upon the year) and the one escudo can be bought for less than $5,000 in an MS TPG holder.  If I ever did buy it, it would be a "one off".

I love the double eagles from the early 20th. It's a major goal of mine to one day get a 1920 and a 1924 - the birthyears for my grandparents.

20 hours ago, Revenant1 said:

I love the double eagles from the early 20th. It's a major goal of mine to one day get a 1920 and a 1924 - the birthyears for my grandparents.

Very nice goal - especially to honor your grandparents. Double Eagles are one of my favorites as well.

I don't have any favorite gold coin because it usually out of my price range, but I would love to own any gold coins including the Double Eagles! I only have 2 Prussian gold coins (common one).

IMG_20180303_001054.thumb.jpg.a25d0202c77a399a740c9b455f84d9ab.jpg