• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Would professional conservation be good or bad for this coin?

8 posts in this topic

What do you think the discoloration is? Copper streaking? This is your call on a rather valuable coin which should not be left up to a novice to decide. 

I have had preservation done in the past that made the coin look better. NGC also dropped the grade from 66 to 65 after they did preservation so think about it a while. It may cost you a grade to loose the yellow toning.

I don't see anything wrong with this coin. If you don't like the way it looks, sell it and buy one that you like better. The streaky toning is due to the planchet - similar to the "woody" Lincoln cents. 

On 2/17/2018 at 4:52 PM, physics-fan3.14 said:

I don't see anything wrong with this coin. If you don't like the way it looks, sell it and buy one that you like better. The streaky toning is due to the planchet - similar to the "woody" Lincoln cents. 

+1 (thumbsu

The more times I look at it ---- The more I like it!! lol

:takeit: