• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NGC Grading with consecutive serial #'s

7 posts in this topic

Hello,

I recently purchased the 5 coin set of the 2011 25th Anniversary American Silver Eagles, all graded MS/PF70 by NGC. They were serialized with consecutive serial numbers, 001 through 005. (see picture) It was a heck of a deal (WAY under $1k). Came with the all the OGP from the mint.

My question is how often does this happen? I've only seen this is the multi-holder of the the 20th Anniversary & 30th Anniversary sets, but never with individually graded coins.

Thank you for your time and assistance.

James

s-l1600.jpg

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

All of the coins on any particular NGC submission will be sequentially numbered. The numeral before the dash in the invoice number, while the numerals following the dash are the respective line numbers of that invoice and can go as high as 999. That's the maximum quantity of coins under a single invoice number.

On 2/17/2018 at 4:06 AM, Six Mile Rick said:

Members sent in their sealed set from the mint to NGC for grading. Some received all 70's in their set and that gives the set a strait run on registration numbers.

Thank you. I love this set. Trying to do all American Eagles in 70 grade. Time for a 2nd mortgage. lol

Well ---- Depending on the size and value of your house a second mortgage may not be enough. ---- You might need to pull a personal loan out to boot. Just to get that 1995-W in PF70UC-------   :D

2 minutes ago, Six Mile Rick said:

Well ---- Depending on the size and value of your house a second mortgage may not be enough. ---- You might need to pull a personal loan out to boot. Just to get that 1995-W in PF70UC-------   :D

Very true. Thank God I have 2 jobs that pay well.