• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does anyone remember Teletrade on VHS?

11 posts in this topic

They would send you a video of the coins in the monthly auction, to view at your convenience. On the night of the auction, you would call in, and hear a computer voice say, "Welcome to Teletrade. Please enter your ID." You bid on lots by punching in the numbers, and had to keep calling back to see if you had been outbid.

100_1529.JPG

100_1530.JPG

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

I used to bid in Teletrade Auctions years ago, and yes, they were usually on Sunday nights. I never requested a video, however. 

I still have a Teletrade catalog dated Dec 2001. It says Premier Plus and lists estimates for each lot. Was not aware of videos offered. By the way you can get those digitized if your VHS player doesn't work.

Yes....definitely remember popping those VHS tapes in and seeing the auction lots.  I also remember getting frustrated calling in near the end of a sale and not getting through. 

Wow, that's wild. I don't remember it though. I was trudging around on the show circuit, trying to make deals so I could eat. I guess I wasn't paying attention to some of that stuff.

I wasn't buying coins in 1987.  I didn't get back into them, until  around 1994 and even then, I just dabbled  in raw stuff  from local B & Ms.  That is a very cool piece of History that I was unaware of.  Thanks for sharing.