• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

45 Rolls of Morgan dollars

16 posts in this topic

did you buy and sell these?  I am curious if you cherry-picked some of the end-roll toners or gems and if they are getting grade? if so, those would be some nice pics when you get them back.

Buy them so you can get them out and play with them ! I think toned Morgans in lower grades are way more common than is projected by many. Its the high grade coins with proper color progression that are under rated and should be sought. Great find and I wonder if that paper is neutral by now and coins should be separated to prevent further damage.

Yes I bought and sold these did not cherry pick.          

A lot of cash at play fast nickel instead of slow dime.

I wish I had the money to play with a lot of nice coins in this lot.

I went back this Thur a lot of 90 percent and some early commons a handful of 2 by 2

IMG_0150.JPG

IMG_0151.JPG

IMG_0152.JPG

I hear you!!  A fast nickel is always better than a SLOW dime.  I would have certainly viewed the rolls at night before the next day of selling for that fast nickel though. SO ====  which coins did you decide to slide out of the fast nickel sale and save for something sweeter ???

Rick

On 2/9/2018 at 5:52 PM, WoodenJefferson said:

Interesting 'tab toning' can't say that I like it, just proves they have been stored a long time in the rolls. 

That’s “end-roll” toning, not “tab toning”.